After the Brexit transition period ends, from January 1, 2021, there is a new safety approvals for switching power supplies and medical adapters/open frames in UK market, when importing to the UK market must comply with the requirements of UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed). UKCA covers most of the current EU CE regulations. The UK market includes England, Wales and Scotland, but excluding Northern Ireland. The UKCA mark is only applicable to the UK which cannot be applied to the European Union, European Economic Area or Northern Ireland market.
Under the following conditions, the product shall be with “UKCA” logo from January 1, 2021.
• Products sold in the UK
• Products within the scope of British law
• Must pass a third-party qualification assessment
• Those who originally used the UK Notified Body and hasn’t transfer the conformity assessment file to the EU Notified Body before January 1, 2021
The above requirements don’t include the existing inventory entered the UK market before January 1, 2021, regardless of whether the verification is carried out by a UK institution.
UKCA, but starting from January 1, 2022, all products need to use the UKCA logo.
North Ireland products (unrestricted) CE or CE+UKNI
*UK Conformity Assessed, UKCA UK Conformity Assessment*
• UKCA (British Conformity Assessment) is a new British product conformity mark, used to show that the product complies with relevant British standards and regulatory requirements.
• From January 1, 2021, products sold to the UK market (England, Wales and Scotland, but excluding Northern Ireland) must meet relevant UK standards and regulations before they can use the UKCA mark. The testing standards and verification process are basically the same as the current CE requirements.
• The UKCA mark is only applicable to the UK and cannot be applied to the European Union, European Economic Area or Northern Ireland market.
Astek Power Supplies and Medical Adapter and Open Frames meet with UKCA approvals. For more information required, please contact email@example.com.